Friday 23 March 2012

The Idea Behind The Blog

Hi all.

Since it originally aired I've seen every episode of The West Wing at least three times, and some of them many more. It remains my favourite TV show of all time.

I can't believe that it's been 13 years since the show originally began its run, and almost six years since the series ended (six years ago today there were just eight episodes left to air).

It strikes me that instead of simply watching the episodes another time, it might be interesting to do a review of each episode, one a week, which will make this a three year project. At the very least it will be something for me to look back on as I continue to enjoy the show, and it may turn out to be an interesting read both for the West Wing aficionado as well as those who are enjoying the show for the very first time (where were you?!).

I'm not sure exactly what form the reviews will take, but I guess it will change over time, possibly as a result of comments and feedback from any potential readers. Maybe some will be motivated to post their own thoughts on the episode.

My plan is to watch an episode over each weekend and post the review on the Sunday/Monday. The first review will hopefully be up the 8th/9th April, with an additional review each week. Obviously there may be occasions when I can't keep to the schedule, but I'll try and keep it to a minimum (and let you know if and when there may be the odd hiatus week).

Anyway, enough of this preamble, roll on April 8th when I'll be reviewing Pilot.

Regards,
Statto

No comments:

Post a Comment